Helen has over 20 years experience in Customer Service, Training and Management, specialising in Service Excellence, Complaint Handling and Customer Experience Management.
She has worked with companies across a wide range of industries to help them reduce their complaint levels through root cause analysis, putting in processes and standards that in some cases have reduced complaint levels by over 50% within a 12 month period.
- The Princes’ Trust Business Mentor 2011 to present
- SOCAP Board Member (Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals) 2012 and 2001 to 2003
- Customer Service Manager of the Year finalist 2001 (National Customer Service Awards).
- National Customer Service Awards Judge 2002 to 2008.
- National Business Awards Judge 2008
- Worked with Travelcare, Central Trains, Friends First, Haulfryn Group, Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions, NHS, Pepsico, TNS Global, Gibbs & Dandy, Phonak, Thorntons, Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service, Berlitz.
Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions (North West Gas Alliance)
- Reduced complaints by 54% in 12 months
- Increased Customer Satisfaction results
- Identified areas of improvement by breaking down the Customer Experience
- Re-wrote and delivered front line Customer Service Training to operatives
- Worked on a project with National Grid to improve Communication
Central Trains Ltd, Birmingham
- Cleared ongoing 5 year backlog of complaints in 3 months
- Reduced complaint levels from 2.23 to 0.81 per 1000 passenger journeys (0.08%)
- Reduced average days to close a complaint from 35 days to same day
- Reduced compensation costs coming £12k under budget by period 10
- Reduced staff costs coming £41k under budget by period 10
- Introduced new telephone system saving £2,724 by end year 2, enhancing facilities
- Introduced automatic business reporting system saving £1,266 each year
- Worked together with Customer Relations Managers throughout National Express Group, sharing best practice